Friday, November 20, 2009

Mind over Mattress? Everything in Moderation?

Another week down – can you believe we have been doing this for a month together? A month! And all our hard work is starting to pay off.

Significant, noticeable changes are occurring inside and out. The biggest thing I am experiencing is an almost panic if I don’t get to exercise. My body is starting to crave the physical activity again. Finally! I have waited a very long time for these feelings to show up again! Thank you to the Mamavation team for helping bring them back. If it wasn’t for your encouragement, it wouldn’t be happening.

Also, thank you to our amazing sponsors that make this campaign possible. Thank you to Earth Footwear and to EA SPORTS Active. You have given me the strength and confidence to get moving in a forward direction. I will never forget the role you have played in my journey. Also, thank you to Smooth Fitness for your donation to my positive personal health with your amazing treadmill.

Two important phrases have been running circles in my mind this week. I will talk about each one individually.

The first one is, “Mind over Mattress.” If you go back and review my Bookieboo.com daily food and exercise logs, I have yet to get up and exercise in the mornings, which was a personal goal for the week. Why? Because of the darn “snooze” button. I have the same excuses as everyone. The baby is up half the night. I am up working late. I am sick and tired. Perhaps, my team of supporters can help me to be disciplined and clear-minded these last few weeks to fight the “Mind over Mattress” battle and get out of bed and get my exercise done in the morning. This will give me more time at night with my family. Who’s with me?

Second phrase is “Everything in Moderation.” Some would say this phrase is an untruth, especially when dieting. Others will rely on the phrase as a way to let you off the hook when you slip up now and then and grab a bit of the sweets. Is this the same thing as saying, “Don’t sweat the small stuff,” or “Don’t major in minor things?” I would like to hear more opinion on this topic because I did have a few food slips this week. Nothing that would create tidal waves, but also these slips were not listed on my nutrition plan by Dr. Renna.

For example, I had a small portion of a pumpkin bar at a holiday party. I had a craving and I went for it. Perfection is really hard to maintain. So, it seems that if you eat some things in moderation, you are less likely to fall off the wagon and end up binge eating.

We only have a few weeks of the official campaign together – but I know that this bond will last a lifetime. I hope each and every one of you have a weekend filled with quality time for yourself. Take a few moments to reflect on your goals for personal health and positive state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment