Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Top 17 List

As we wrap up our last full week of this official Mamavation campaign, I can’t help but feel a little saddened that it is all coming to a close. There is no way I could have accomplished all that I have been able to without the amazing support of the community that makes up this program.

I’ve put together a “Top 17” list of all the things I am either thankful for, or have learned during the last six weeks. Why a “Top 17?” Because I have lost 17 pounds during this campaign and I am so thrilled!

Here goes:

#1: Wearing Earth Footwear helps you burn more calories while you walk and truly accelerates your workouts. Plus, you look good while wearing them, too, because they are so stylish! Thank you for making me feel the burn with your incredible sponsorship!

#2: My lower body workout from EA SPORTS Active was designed as a lesson in cruel and unusual punishment. This amazing company knows exactly what to do to make you have fun and get physically fit. And you can’t cheat the program, especially on the lunges, because I tried. However, I did figure out a few secrets when it comes to inline skating.

#3: Everyone should invest in a treadmill from Smooth Fitness and implement an interval walking/running program into your routine. This beautiful machine has become my best friend. Always happy to see me and leaves me better than I came.

#4: Tracey Mallett’s Quick Blast workout DVDs can be done with a limited amount of time and space. And, they are intense. Don’t forget the 5 lb weights. Your body will thank you.

#5: Getting rid of the old baggage is critical to excelling in a weight loss program. If you haven’t been introduced to Dr. Lorretta’s program – run, don’t walk! Her website is www.expemp.com.

#6: My nutrition plan from Dr. Renna taught me how to live without having to diet. Thank you for answering all of my questions without pause, no matter how ridiculous they were.

#7: Mamavation Mondays are a great way to start the week. Plus, it makes you fess up to anything you may need forgiveness for over the weekend.

#8: I have had more fun on MomTV than should be allowed. However, with the crazy delays, it sometimes becomes a comedy in three parts. Thank you for not teasing me too badly!

#9: I have learned to love carrots. Okay, not really. But, I can tolerate them more now than before.

#10: Running any type of a race in Earth Footwear is hard work. I walked like a bull rider for much of a week after a 10k.

#11: Leah Segedie is one of the most amazing women I have ever met. Her insight and intelligence is inspirational. Because this list is a stream of consciousness, it was not intentional that she was #11. Leah, you are number one to me girlfriend!

#12: There are certain family members that are slightly annoyed about my new confidence in helping them critique their eating habits. To them I just want to clarify that it is only because I love you that I am offering advice.

#13: Buy a pedometer and make it your goal to hit at least 10,000 steps a day. Put it right on your belt. At first glance it looks like a pager so people may think you are some sort of a highly important medical professional with the contraption on. If this is the case, you may want to make sure your CPR card is current in the event you are mistaken for a doctor. Just a thought.

#14: I am not a fan of lunges. Or squats. I understand their value, but I dislike the whole concept of lunges and squats.

#15: It becomes a lesson in humility and confidence to put yourself out there in logs, blogs and vlogs. But, it is so rewarding to change your life.

#16: Buying clothes in a smaller size is one of the greatest feelings possible! YES!

#17: This program is successful because of the people. I have met so many amazing people online and offline because of Mamavation.


Talk to you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment